A description of the demo mode and how to use it.
If you have downloaded and installed the mobile app on your device, you can “play” with the app without signing in (or even needing a user account) by operating the app in “Demo Mode”. This mode facilitates the use of encapsulated sample data so that you can see how app works with realistic data. This mode is useful for mobile users that may wish to see how it works without the risk of creating erroneous data in a live account.
NOTE: No information is downloaded to the device and no information is uploaded from the device. When you restart the app, any data that you have entered is deleted and the data is reset.
To try the Demo Mode:
- Download and install the Solarvista LIVE app.
- When the Solarvista LIVE mobile app is first launched, you will be presented with two options as in the screen below:
- Tap on the “Try the Demo Mode” button (not the “Sign In”) button.
- A dialog will appear explaining how the demo mode works.
- Tap on the “OK” button to continue.
- The first screen presented is the “Account & Organisations” page. This page allows selection of an account to connect to. In the demo mode, there is only ever one.
- Tap on the Continue button at the bottom of the screen. The screen will display the Work Item List page.
- From here you can view, edit, update work items without any impact upon any live account.
To reset the Demo Mode:
- To reset the data back to default (and delete any information you have entered, you simply sign out and sign in again.
- To sign out, tap the main menu button on the top left.
- Tap the User item, in this case always called “Demo User”.
- Tap the “Sign Out” button on the top right.
- A dialog will appear for confirmation.
- Tap “OK” to confirm. The screen will return to the sign in page.